Protection status S gives the right to residence to migrants from the territory of Ukraine without going through the standard asylum procedure.

And it's cool, because displaced people have the right to family reunification, housing, social support and medical care. Children of immigrants can go to school, and adults can legally get a job and even travel.

So how to get it?

Registration is carried out at the Federal Asylum Centers Bundesasylzentrum (BAZ). You can choose a date for the interview in the RegisterMe application.

The registration procedure is quite simple: you fill out an application, provide personal data and fingerprints.

Your application is then processed within a few days and allocated to one of the 26 cantons.

The region will be responsible for your accommodation and support.
December 13, 2023